Wednesday 16 November 2011

Vintage Men's Clothing


******************************

******************************


Well I hope so because it's been raining cats and dogs here in Cornwall today....I often wondered why we say 'raining cats & dogs' and one of the possible origins of this saying may be from when the drainage system in the 17th century was very poor. During heavy rain corpses of dead animals would be seen floating down the streets. Not a pretty sight but you can see why it would be said...Who knows why but we say it anyway...
~~~~~~~

Umbrellas appeared not to be needed by the gentlemen seen here. Following on from my previous post I thought it was only fair to show some examples of men's clothing...










Top hats may have looked smart but were they comfortable to wear?...
























He looks a 'jaunty' kind of fellow. I wonder, was he faithful..lol..


My maternal gt. uncle Harry who I knew when I was a child. He was a lovely gentleman...


Don't forget your umbrella if you go out today....Hugs Chrissy xx




0 comments: