Thursday 1 March 2012

Spring Will Soon Be Here....


And I am ready for some warmer weather...Hello there, thanks for dropping by. March is already upon us and I can feel the change in the air, lets just hope the saying 'March Winds Will Blow and We Will Have Snow' is just that, a saying....



February saw some birthdays for my family and friends. My hubby Andy had his 54th birthday on the 5th (don't tell him I've told you..lol..) and I celebrated my birthday on the 14th, not saying which one!!! February 26th saw both my brother's 65th and my grandson's 3rd birthday. There were friends in between so it was a busy month for cards and celebrations....




In honour of their birthdays I thought I would show you some of the vintage birthday cards and postcards I have in my collection. With most of them showing floral tributes it would be a nice way to welcome spring...


I do not have a daughter but what a beautiful basket of flowers..


Yellow roses, the colour of spring..


For my brother, though I doubt he would appreciate the floral theme..lol..


Now I would like a basket of flowers like this..


A traditional Key of the Door..


Red Roses for a loved one perhapes?


My son's birthday is in May but I won't send him this one...



My younger sister has a birthday in April


I have another grandson who will be one this month..


A few nephew's birthdays spread throughout the year


A lucky horseshoe


A beautiful card


A proud rose


I called my grandmother Nan..


A daffodil, one of my favourite flowers..


And I called my step-grandfather Gramps...


Roses are a popular flower..


What a beautiful card to receive from a loved one...


Well, I hope these flowers have put you in the mood for spring..


Until next time, take care...Hugs Chrissy xx





0 comments: